It is time to clean up our air.
We are calling on the UK government to deliver:
- Urgent and ambitious healthy air targets that align with World Health Organization (WHO) guidance to clean up the air we breathe.
- A fair transition to active travel and cleaner, greener transport, offering assistance to those who need support to make this change and those most affected by dirty air.
- Tailored local action that reduces the impact of pollution on communities and neighbourhoods.
- An action plan for phasing out domestic wood burning.
- Targeted action to reduce pollution from high-polluting sectors, such as agriculture and heavy industry.
- A joined-up system of air pollution monitoring and alerts, which empowers people to make informed health decisions.